Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mexico, Day 5

Today was Matt's big fishing day, an adventure he'd been planning since we first talked of Mexico. He, Bob, Kayden and RT were on the beach at 8am to meet a little boat they'd chartered for 4 hours. I was prepared for a whole lot of downtime while he was gone, so I took my time getting ready and met Katey and the kids just as they were finishing breakfast.

We were walking through the lobby, at Kole's insistence, when my ipad started making noise. At first I thought it was somebody else, but the sound was louder when I leaned toward my bag. An alarm was going off - it said "Go to spa for surprise".

I wasn't going to ask questions.

All of the pieces from the day before came back to me - how he convinced me to wait until Thursday and he'd get a manicure with me, how he disappeared just before dinner to do some fishing research. I later found that he'd really thought through everything and even my family knew that I needed to be at the spa by a certain time.

So I arrived there to find that he had arranged for me to enjoy a hydrotherapy circuit (seriously relaxing, had never done that before), an after-sun body wrap (that was new too), and a mani/pedi. I enjoyed nearly 3 hours of relaxing pampering. Loved it!

I was feeling hunger pangs (an unusual occurrence at an all-inclusive resort) and missing people so I found the rest of the girls when I was done. We hung out in the sun until the boys returned, and then Matt and I were ready for some quality time.

The boys hadn't caught anything worth keeping on their trip, which was quite disappointing for Matt. We spent our afternoon in the pool, then dressed up for our own date night dinner at the French restaurant. I didn't have high expectations but I was pleased! The food was elegant and tasty. By the time our leisurely dinner was finished, I was ready for bed!

No comments: